SITA strongly recommends completing the 4 National Qualifying Modules before proceeding to the state modules.
Inspector State Qualifying Course Instructions
PLEASE READ PRIOR TO PROCEEDING
Thank you for trusting Super Inspector Training Academy – SITA with your education. To ensure you have the best online education experience, please carefully review the materials in the Overview & Course Objectives section below.
- Textbook Reference Guide & Student Materials – Online qualifying/pre-licensure course material lessons are taken from different sections of various textbooks per TREC module requirements. The online content and book are not in the same order. Print out the following Textbook Reference Guide to be used with the Study Tips below.
Continuing education course material will be provided throughout the course. These documents are available for download should you wish to retain them for reference.
- Course Timed Outline – Most licensing bodies require a minimum amount of time spent per topic and assignment. Reference the timed outline to understand the specific time requirements of each respective Module, Lesson and Topic.
- Final Exam – Qualifying education course final exams are required to be proctored and the questions are significantly different than the topic quiz questions and may cover material from the textbooks that were not covered during assignments and quizzes. Do not rely on the assignments and topic quizzes alone. Study the inspection protocols related to structural integrity, system functionality, life safety issues and technical standards in the lesson content and material.
Per licensing body requirements, course modules are set to specific course completion standards. Please carefully review the following progression requirements prior to proceeding.
- Lesson Timers – Time spent reviewing lesson content is timed according to the “Course Timed Outline.” Students must actively scroll through the lessons while reading and studying. Time spent studying outside of the online course will not receive time credit. For most licensing bodies, the times set are minimum times. Your study time may exceed this minimum and any time spent studying offline will not count toward your class hours.
- Inactive Logout – Some governing bodies require students to remain active when taking courses remotely. Courses are set with an automatic logout after a 10 minutes of inactivity. You will receive a notification 60 seconds prior to being logged out. If you are logged out due to inactivity, your course position will be retained within each module.
- Linear course progression – Within specific course modules, lesson, assignments, and quizzes must be complete in sequential fashion to proceed.
- Assignments – All assignment exercises must be completed to proceed. Essay answers will be reviewed by SITA staff prior the final exam. Please take time to review the instructor’s responses.
- Topic Quizzes – Topic quizzes must be completed with a 100% to proceed. Students are allowed two (2) retakes after the initial attempt. After three (3) failed attempts, students must contact the SITA office to have the lesson reset.
- Proctored Exams – Qualifying/Pre-Licensure course module Final Exams are closed book and closed note tests. A passing grade of at least 70% is required to complete the module.
- All final exams must be proctored online through SITA’s third-party proctoring service.
- Exams are designed to test the student’s knowledge of the material presented and prepare the student for the style of questions they may see on the National and State exams.
- At the end of each course module, students must request to schedule a date and time.
If a proctored exam is required, you will be provided with additional information in the following sections.
To maximize use of the time required, we suggest the following study habits:
- Read Online Lesson PDFs – Read each course lesson in the module. This is required.
- Watch Online Videos – When provided, video content is required material and must be watched fully. Controls have been disabled. You must watch the entire video before you will be permitted to advance to the next section. Some videos may not retain your last location within the video. Please block off enough time to watch the entire video segment. We have attempted to keep the videos in segments of roughly one-hour blocks.
- Read Textbook/Resource Book – Highlight, outline, and make handwritten notes of the lesson content from the textbooks.
- Listen to each Lesson – Utilize Text-to-Speech, download or open each Lesson PDF and open with the “Edge” (Windows) or “Safari Reader View” (Mac) and listen to each lesson three (3) times.
- Use the Voice Notes features on your mobile device. Consider dictating your notes to a voice recorder and listen to your notes. This can be especially helpful for memorizing the detailed material presented in several of the courses.
- Assignments are Open Book – Utilize the textbooks to research and formulate answers.
- Fully Complete Assignments – Complete each with full sentences.
- Review the Instructor’s Answers carefully. Seek to paraphrase instructor’s answers in subsequently assignment retakes.
- Study Review – Review each lesson content prior to taking your initial Topic Quiz attempt.
- Retakes – Prior to Topic Quiz retakes, re-read, review notes, and listen to lesson content.
If at any time you have questions or encounter technical issues, please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-336-SITA (7482).