Follow These Easy Steps to Become a Home Inspector in Connecticut
$500 discount for Military Veterans
Become a Professional Inspector Today
Get Your License in 1 to 4 Months
$45 | $475
Monthly or Annual (Save 12%)
How long does it take to get your home inspector license?
Expect at least 2-6 months for your home inspector license training. This of course can change based on situation, but those who work regular hours should expect at least this much time to acquire your home inspector license.
How much does a home inspector in Connecticut make?
The average home inspection salary in Connecticut is $57,787. However, is the salary the only factor you should consider? Value of the dollar, income adjusted by the cost of living, real estate transactions, these are all things you should consider when looking at starting your business. Read our article to see how your state ranks, #2 will surprise you!
How Long Does It Take To Acquire A Home Inspector License In Connecticut?
There’s no state that requires more than a year of training. Most requirements take 2-6 months to complete. What’s important is to make a decision! If you’re going to take the dive into starting your home inspection business, start your education today!
Should I take an exam preparation course In Connecticut?
If you pay for a school and can’t pass the NHIE and State exams, then are you choosing the right school? We at Super Inspector Training Academy believe if you go through our classes, then you should be able to pass any tests we prepare you for. If you finish our courses and are still nervous, we encourage you to re-take our finals. Find the TREC Inspector school pass rate here.
Should I Start My Home Inspection Business In Connecticut?
You’re going to be successful if you commit to it and learn the best business building practices. If you want to find the state with the biggest bang for your buck, check out our in-depth article: Home Inspector Salary State-by-State. We have multiple criteria that is both ranked and graded so you can decide which state would be best for your home inspection business!
Requirements for a Home Inspector License in Connecticut
The Connecticut State Department of Consumer Protection requires individuals to apply for a Home Inspector Intern Permit before applying for a Home Inspector’s License.
To apply for an initial permit, you must:
- Have successfully completed high school or its equivalent.
- Have successfully completed a board-approved training program that meets the. requirements of regulations adopted by the commissioner pursuant to Section 20-491 – Regulations; of the General Statutes (must submit copy of course completion certificate with application).
- Have an identified supervisor who: (A) is licensed as a home inspector in Connecticut, (B) is in good standing with the state as a home inspector, and (C) has agreed to perform supervisory functions as described in General Statutes and Regulations.
To become a licensed home inspector in Connecticut, you must:
- Have earned a Home Inspector Intern Permit.
- Have performed not less than one hundred home inspections under the supervision of a licensed Home Inspector – the associated logs, signed by the Supervisor, must be submitted with the application. Such supervision shall be direct supervision for a minimum of the first ten inspections, and then may be indirect for the remaining training period.
- Have passed written examination administered by the Department. NOTE: You will be given information about taking the exam once this application has been accepted.
For more information, visit the Department of Consumer Protection website for Home Inspectors.
Looking for a job in Connecticut? See if our sister company Super Team Services is hiring, here.
Check out our courses to see our educational offerings for how to become a home inspector and help you on your path towards your license.
Not your state? Go back to the state map here.