Requirements for a Home Inspector License in Montana
Yes, a Home Inspector License is Required in Montana!
To become a licensed home inspector in Montana, you must complete:
- Register with the Department of Labor and Industry
- 40 hours of comprehensive home inspection training approved by the Department, or a passing grade on an approved national home inspection examination
- membership in an approved national association
- carry liability insurance, and a minimum of $100,000 in errors and omissions insurance
- obtain personal workers’ compensation coverage or an independent contractor exemption certificate (ICEC)
For more information visit the Montana website
Check out our courses to see our educational offerings for how to become a home inspector and help you on your path towards your license.
Looking for a job in Montana? See if our sister company Super Team Services is hiring, here.
Not your state? Go back to the state map here.